Recipe card has a bug / looks odd? Update Recipe Kit!
What you may encounter when Recipe Kit releases a new feature, is that your recipe card is using "old" code, which hasn't been updated to take advantage of the new features. This could be something as simple as a line break in the wrong spot, duplicate words, a link not working, etc. Usually these are very small things, but they sure can be annoying!
In most cases, simply Updating Recipe Kit via the App Settings page will fix this up. That should be your first step, before reaching out to us for support.
How To Update Recipe Kit's Code
- To update Recipe Kit, simply open the app up in your Shopify Admin via the "Apps" tab.
- Once the recipe dashboard has opened, click on the "App Settings" button on the right hand side of the page.
- Once the App Settings page displays, you will see the big orange "Update Recipe Kit Code" button on the top right corner of the page:
- Click the Upgrade Recipe Kit Code button, and then Recipe Kit will work on updating your recipe card code to the newest version.
- Once this is done, it will display a "Success!" message at the bottom of the page.
- Refresh your recipe blog post on your Shopify store, and see if the bug / visual tweak has been fixed. In most cases, this should fix it!
- If the bug is not fixed, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort the bug out, no problem